flash3

Tuesday 11 September 2012

Jennifer Hudson tells Oprah: I forgive man who killed my mum, brother and nephew


Jennifer Hudson breaks down in tears as she talks about her mother's murder to Oprah Winfrey. The actress and singer was speaking out for the first time since the man who shot dead her mum Darnell Donnerson, her brother Jason and nephew Julian King was found guilty of murder.

ACTRESS Jennifer Hudson has spoken for the first time since her mother, brother and nephew were murdered by her ex-brother-in-law in 2008 - and revealed she has forgiven their killer.

The Dreamgirls star, 30, opened her heart to TV’s Oprah Winfrey in an emotional interview last night about the devastating killings.
Four years ago, Hudson’s former relative William Balfour killed mum Darnell Donerson, 57, brother Jason Hudson, 29, and seven-year-old nephew Julian King.
In happier times ... Jennifer with mum Darnell, sister Julia and nephew Julian
Happier times ... Jennifer with mum Darnell, sister Julia and nephew Julian
XPOSUREPHOTOS.COM
The gunman burst into their Chicago home in a jealous rage believing his estranged wife Julia Hudson — Jennifer's sister — was dating another man.
He blasted Darnell in the living room and gunned down Jason as he lay in bed in his underwear before kidnapping young Julian in a bid to cover his crimes. The youngster was shot in the head inside a stolen SUV.
Last night, Oprah asked the Oscar-winning actress if she had forgiven Balfour, who was jailed for life in May this year.
She said:”'Yes, because I feel like for the most part it's not his fault.
Killer ... William Balfour was given three life sentences
Killer ... William Balfour was given three life sentences
“It's how he was brought up. We tried to offer love, but you were so far gone, that you couldn't even see that.
“A lot of things came out, that we didn't even know about, from his upbringing, which is like he never had a chance.
“Had you had the love my mother gave us, or the background that some have, then you would've stood a chance.”
Star Hudson told Oprah’s Next Chapter show, she struggled knowing how to react following the slayings - and only now feels ready to visit her dead relatives’ graves.
She went on: “There were so many shocks involved in it. Like, who do I grieve for first? Or, who do I start with?
Shot dead ... star's brother Jason Hudson
Shot dead ... star's brother Jason
XPOSUREPHOTOS.COM
“It’s bits and pieces. It’s too much. You’re confused. Your emotions are confused.
“I haven’t been to the grave site since we buried them but now I want to go because I feel like okay, we’ve accomplished things.
'We’ve done this. We got justice for you. I can’t come here empty-handed. I came back with justice being served so now I feel like I deserve to be able to see them.”
Hudson’s elder sister Julia - mum of young victim Julian - also shared her pain, revealing she blamed herself for what her ex-husband did.
She said: “Of course, how can I not go through the what ifs? Because I married him. If I hadn’t saw what I thought I saw in him.
“And once I did begin to see who he really was, I tried to get out. That was his promise: "If you leave me. I’ll kill you. I’ll kill your family first.
“I left. And he did what he said he would.”

No comments:

Post a Comment