flash3

Wednesday 15 August 2012

Oxlade-Chamberlain - I want to excite fans

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain says that while he is always keen to excite the Arsenal fans, it is not always possible as the requirements of the team must come first.
The 19-year-old enjoyed a hugely-successful debut campaign at the Club, being nominated for the PFA Young Player of the Season award and winning a call-up to the England squad for Euro 2012.
The teenager is determined to continue his rapid rise in the coming campaign, and says the expectations he places upon himself are as high as anyone's.
“You just have to look at somebody like [Lionel] Messi,” Oxlade-Chamberlain told Arsenal Player. “Whenever I watch him play, I am expecting him to do something amazing.
"I like to take people on and be an exciting player, that is just my game. People expect you to be exciting all the time but sometimes you just have those matches where that side of the game is not coming off or you are working harder to defend for the team and keep it simple. 

“Then some people might think 'oh, he didn't play well today' because they are expecting you to take players on all the time.
“But everybody in the team has got massive expectations on them. Every time we step on to the pitch we are trying to do our best because we have a massive responsibility to try to get results.
“I wouldn't say you think about it too much because it is all part of your job and you have to deal with it. More than anything, I put that expectation upon myself.”

No comments:

Post a Comment